Erica online

Thursday, March 25

"Re....be......cca....what are you......do......ing...." I yelled from the upstairs bedroom.

"Watching Barney mommy" she replied from the living room on the main floor.

"Can you come here now?" I asked curiously as I wondered what was keeping her occupied for so long.

"Just a minute mommy", came the reply, "I'm painting".

WHAT??? I ran down the stairs, to find my lovely daughter covered in my lipstick. The shiny lavender gloss glistened on her chubby cheeks and lips.

"Look mommy I painted" her quiet girlie voice piped up, as she pointed to the hallway mirror covered in light purple lipstick, hand marks and smears as high up as she could reach".

Her smile quickly faded as she saw my strained reaction of horror. In place of a smile, her lip transformed into a swelled pout and big tears formed in her eyes.
"Oh mommy" she wailed "I didn't want your lipstick, I want my own".

The ridiculous scope of this situation struck my sense of the wonder with a well-timed wallup. I burst out laughing. "I'm not sure that this should be the appropriate time to ask me for a favor Rebecca" I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her. I whispered, "You silly little miss" as I bent down and kissed her warm, wet cheek.

These are the moments you read about in Reader's Digest. Sometimes there is grace to laugh, even at messy mistakes! Sometimes.....
Erica at 10:17 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home