Erica online

Thursday, September 16

Knowing when to Draw the Line...

While it is great to encourage my daughter's in their spirituality and desire to pray, there is a point where I need to recognize nighttime prayer for what it is.... a delay tactic!

Tonight while putting Isabella to sleep, I drew the line at her right arm.....
When we pray at night, we thank Jesus for our family. With Rebecca I say thanks for mommy, daddy, my little sister and for making me a sweet princess. With Isabella I say, thank-you Jesus for mommy, daddy, my big sister and for making me a sweetheart little honey.

Well, tonight we also had to thank Jesus for her blankie, her cup, her curtains, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, the other Mickie Mouse, Tigger, Pooh Bear, and Piglet. Then she went on to her body parts, thanks for my leg, my left arm and my right arm etc....

That's where I said "good-night" and left her to it. There is spiritual training and then there is just fighting sleep, and God grant me the wisdom to know the difference!
Erica at 7:16 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home