Erica online

Thursday, November 18

Code Green! Code Green! Give me Broccoli and Sprouts! Stat!

This morning I attended a seminar (for work) on the current state of children's health in Canada. Sort of like "Supersize Me!" with data and Canadian statistics!

How terrifying! I've heard the words trans fats, preservatives, juvenile diabetes, osteoperosis, etc. tossed around in the media. I had no idea that they were talking about me and my kids! I thought they meant the guys who are eating candy, fast food and coke everyday. You know, THOSE people!

I was so freaked out, I had brussel sprouts and a glass of water for lunch.
(But I tend to over-react! Eating brussel sprouts is a bit dramatic!)

I didn't know that I had such dangerous eating habits, and so much stuff that I thought was okay isn't. What CAN we eat then?

I got a bunch of hand-outs on healthy eating that are super helpful. I could post some of the ideas on my blog!

ps...for those of you in Winnipeg, the seminar this morning was by one of Winnipeg's nutritionists, we have 6 working for the city. That is one nutritionist per 100,000 people. Anyone still curious as to why we are uneducated about food?
Erica at 3:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home