Erica online

Wednesday, January 5

Brrrrrr....

Well, its minus fifty degrees with the windchill today. That is pretty freakin' freezing if you ask me! I think a day like this calls for hibernation, animals have the right idea.
Anything below freezing, you just sleep through it. Sounds good to me!

I wonder what people on other continents where its always hot think of us. (If they can even fathom what -50 feels like!) Either they think we are totally out of our heads for living in a place where you can actually loose appendages by freezing them off! Or they respect us for living in such a harsh climate and being so hearty and spirited that we haven't killed ourselves yet! NO! No! no! Its not that bad!

I must look at the advantages of living in Winnipeg, even in the winter.
Its too cold for.....
malaria
leprosy
dyptheria
mosquitos
sunburn
crime (even the criminals don't go outside, the car theft numbers have dropped off considerably, its safe to walk in the streets, you could even run around naked and no one would touch you....except the coroner when they find your frozen corpse! What are you doing? Its minus 50! Put some clothes on, you freak!)

Okay, my mind is starting to wonder, I should end this post. PS...if you didn't see the bikini run in the news yesterday, let me just tell you. There are some people who ran half clothed in Winnipeg yesterday. I either admire them or think they are freaks!

Erica at 8:09 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home