Erica online

Thursday, January 27

I Shot The Sheriff....

Okay, so its almost 1am and I'm pretty tired because I've been working since 7:30pm tonight, but still I think this is a pretty deep thought considering my mental state.

Here's my thought....

If you shot the sheriff but you didn't shoot the deputy, what difference does it make?
You're still guilty of murder...killing two people doesn't make you MORE of a murderer, does it?
I mean, if you kill ONE person, you're a murderer. If you're a serial killer, you're still just a murderer, its not like its on a point system. Its not like a serial killer is called murdererererer.

And if you didn't shoot the deputy, does that make you a better person? Like killing one person is excusable but TWO...sorry....NOW we have to throw in you jail. If you only kill one person, we'd have let you off with a ticket but with two murders under your belt, sorry! Its off to the big house!

If you were a truly innocent, and a good person who say...accidentally shot the sheriff but then were good enough to turn yourself in....you might realize that you were going to jail anyway (even if it was manslaughter) and then you should take the rap for the person who DID shoot the deputy to spare them a life of inprisonment. Perhaps then, in the grand scheme of eternity, one may find redemption for having shot the sheriff in the first place.

But perhaps that is the point of the song. Am I being obtuse? Maybe every one can see the deep philosophical and theological truthes within this song, and I'm the only one who thought it was silly, mindless numb-skullery.

Well, I should go off to bed now before I start getting silly!

Tomorrow night I shall deal with the deeper meaning of "I'm too sexy". That song has sooooooooooooooo many levels!
Erica at 1:50 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home