Erica online

Thursday, January 20

Phew!

Its been four days since I last posted. I've been getting myself and the kids up early to get us all ready for the day. We get up, dressed, fed and off to grandma's house. Grandma drops me off at work and off she goes for the morning with the kids.

Any envy I ever had for working moms has all dissipated. I used to think it would be glorious to get up and drop my kids off while I get to go off for adult conversation. There is definitely a trade off here that I hadn't accounted for.

At the end of the day, I'm emotionally FINE!!! (vs. the stay-at-home emotional drainage of the day). However, I'm mentally exhausted! (something that NEVER happens while home with the kids) Its a bit of a trade off.

I haven't thought this much, for this long, in a long time! Phew!

I think I've had a nice experiment with the working mom deal, but I'm ready to go back to my "regular" routine. And my kids are ready for that too! This change has been quite a shock to them as well. They are not used to not having mommy whenever they want, and they haven't had their naps so they are pooped and in need of some SERIOUS cuddles!

So all you working moms out there.......my hat is off to you! You all have ONE TOUGH job!
Erica at 7:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home