Erica online

Sunday, January 9

My Windshield

The other day, when we were driving on the perimeter our windshield was hit by a rock coming off a big semi. It made a small chip, which is annoying. As it has been heinously cold here, we've had the defrost on full-tilt. Long story short, we now have a HUGE crack through the entire windshield which is getting longer and longer...kind of like this story.

Anywho, I was thinking what a huge inconvenience it is to have to replace the windshield now, not to mention the extra (unecessary) cost.

A thought came to me...how God is like my windshield. (bare with me)

Obeying God's laws and living right can often feel like caring for my windshield, its a pain in the butt, its inconvenient, and costly. But if I consider what life would be without my windshield....it would be much worse. It would be cold and windy and dangerous, that little rock could have done a lot more damage if it hit me in the eye! I need the windshield when I am driving to protect and keep me from discomfort and danger.

Just like I need my invisible God to keep me safe and comfy by living in the way that I should. God's laws are sometimes hard and I feel like a chump for not doing things the easy way but I know that there is protection in doing what I am supposed to do.

Now I need my invisible windshield God to provide $50 for a deductible to fix my car windshield! Which is totally do-able!

Erica at 1:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home