Erica online

Tuesday, January 11

She has Complidence!

From the time Isabella could speak, she has used big words! I remember when she was barely 2 years old, she told me she had complidence (confidence).

I saw some evidence of that complidence last night at the Y!

The "big" kids (4 and 5 year olds) were climbing up the play structure at the Y and going down the big slide. Isabella is too small to be able to lift herself up the sections that the kids must climb to get up into the playstructure.

Instead of giving up, she climbed into the first section and approached the big kids to ask for help. "Peese! Peese! Could you help me climb?" she asked.

So one five year old grabbed her arms, and a four year old got under her little butt. They heaved and hoed until they managed to pull her up to next level. Once she was on the next level, I could hear her little voice shout, " I DID IT!!!"

I burst into fits of laughter! Yeah! She did it! That four and five year old need hernia operations now but she made it up to the top! ha ha ha
It was so cute.

After about 3 or 4 times up the top, the big kids were getting tired of this game as Isabella is quite heavy. So they got wise, and taught her how to use a stool to boost herself up. So adorable.

I sat and watched her interact and negotiate with kids twice her age, with complete confidence! She is awesome! I'm really proud of her.
Erica at 3:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home