Erica online

Thursday, April 21

Disciplincident...

I just made up a new word...disciplincident.
It means when your child acts out in a negative way, and you use the incident as a teachable moment so good comes out of it.

I had a disciplincident at Cosco today. The girls had the cutest little ballet and princess books, and I wanted to buy one for each of my girls. Once I gave the books to them, they began fighting over who gets which one. They were grabbing and whining, and getting angry at each other.

Obviously, I did not buy them the books. That sort of behaviour can not be rewarded.
I was really disappointed. I wanted to buy them the books, I wanted them to have them because they were nice but I didn't want them to get the message that will reward fighting, arguing and selfishness. Character building has to become before pretty books! Drat!

I got to thinking, I wonder if God feels like this? He wants to give me good things but I am so stubborn sometimes that I prevent myself from having good things that He wants to give me. I wonder if God is more disappointed over my losing good things than I am...

I am learn so much about what God may feel like from parenting. Am I saying that parenting is making me more "godlike"? No. Parenting is making me into a better child!
Erica at 2:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home