Erica online

Friday, April 15

Hidden Treasure...

There are tons of movies about hidden treasures, in fact, one just came out....National Treasure.
From pirates, and cowboys hidden loot to secret account numbers in spy movies, I think there is something exciting and attractive about hidden loot.

I'm not sure if its the fact that its ill-gotten gains, (forbidden fruit tastes sweetest you know!) or if its the thrill of the chase that attracts people. But for better or for worse, people love to chase what they can't have, or shouldn't have!

Considering the magnitude of the attraction, I'm surprised that God doesn't use this method to attract people, you know like reverse psychology. "You can't know me" just so people would want to know Him, that's what I would do if I were God. (Good thing I'm not)

Then I got to thinking, you know, there are somethings that God does keep hidden.
(Besides the whole thing about not being able to know ALL of God at first glance, and the entirity of life being a new revelation or facet of God revealed to us on a daily basis that will continue for the rest of eternity...besides THAT of course!!!!)

What I meant in a more literal sense, is there are people all around us who are hidden, and they are amazing treasures. When we look at people and just see the person's appearance, we make a judgement (good, bad or indifferent) and go our merry way.

But imagine if we could see other people in their entirity, like God does. If we could look at someone and see all the wisdom they have accumulated, all they love they've ever given, all the compassion they feel when they see others hurt, how they long to be loved, how hurt they've been, how funny they are, and all the ways they have love to give, and that they want to give it.
Wow! How easy it would be to love and appreciate people.

If this were the case, my sister would be the most popular person in every room. She is a hidden treasure with unbelievable depth of riches and few people have ever seen her real value.

Those who do, become her biggest fans and are loyal to her forever...one of her employers once told me she was "the kindest woman on the planet with a mother's heart". The other day, she was described as a "Genius Sunday School Teacher". When I hear things like this, I always say, "I know!" because I'm one of the lucky ones who've been allowed to see the treasure. I feel sorry for people who've never met my sister, but I'm happy for me because she lets me be her friend everyday!!!

I can understand the attraction of hidden treasure because I have one in my life, but its one that's sooooo rich that I am willing to share a little bit of her because she has lots to give.
But if you meet and become a fan....just remember I Saw Her First! And I'm President of the fan club so BACK OFF!!!
Erica at 8:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home