Erica online

Wednesday, April 27

My Bleeding Heart...

This morning, the moms group I attend was talking about gardening. I'm not much of a gardener, my thumbs are pinkish with nary a shade of green! I learned a lot, because I knew so little and have a lot to learn in this area.

I asked a question about my bleeding heart, a flower I have in my front yard which is growing up from underneath my step. I have cut it down repeatedly but it keeps coming back. It just won't die, not that I want to kill it, I just don't want it there....

Now there is nothing unattractive about the flower, in fact its lovely. I would plant a bunch of them in a garden. Its just the place where it comes up that is inappropriate.
WHOA!!! LOOK OUT! DEEP THOUGHT COMING UP...

So when does a flower become a weed? When its growing in the wrong place? A crack between a cement pad and a cement step is not the place for a lovely flower. They belong in a garden. The flower is lovely, what it looks like has nothing to do with why it shouldn't be there.

Suddenly I had such compassion for my little flower. I have often felt like a weed because I was trying to bloom where I don't belong. I need to get me to a garden....
Erica at 1:49 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home