Erica online

Monday, May 16

Homecoming...

I spent this weekend in a small town where I spent the most influential formative years of my childhood.

There is something about going home that always goes straight to the heart.
The good memories and the bad, they are all apart of the place where identity came into being.
There is something about "home" that makes me feel real. Its the place where people watched you grow up before you created any facades, so there is no use pretending. They know who you are.

Identity is something I've been thinking alot about lately. Going back home to where you grow up answers a lot of those questions very quickly.

As I look at my life and recognize who I am, compared to the roles and expectations that I fulfill, there is something very new emerging. Some of these insights are very new to me and some are being re-discovered.

Being around people who know my heart was very refreshing, and allowed me to relax. I think there is some discovery of identity in the letting go of appearances.

I will continue to process my "mini-mid-life" crisis as I find "home" inside.

(This is a strange post...I'm not sure that it makes any sense at all)
Erica at 11:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home