Erica online

Tuesday, May 17

Soiled Soil...

Yesterday I was so ill that I could barely get out of bed. After much sleep, I am feeling much better. I got up to look at my home which looked like it had been ransacked by theives. Small thieves with little hands that can spread debris so thick that not an inch of carpet is showing anywhere.

Though foggy, the memories began to re-appear..."Mommy, can we play with play-doh?"
I remember waking momentarily from my drug-induced (sudafed) stupore to shout "Sure! Whatever!" and then I was unconcious once again.

It is amazing what damage can be inflicted on a house by two happy, energetic children with ambition to spare. After trying on every piece of clothing they own, (and tossing it aside) they managed to take out every toy they ever played with to set up a store. Apparently this store has no shelves, people shop off the floor. Needless to say the house is a mess.

Like any good procrastinator, I couldn't stand to look at the housecleaning ordeal that awaits me and I had the sudden urge to work on my flower beds. After going to the store and getting the necessary items to avoid housecleaning...er...to work on the flowerbeds, I had the girls help me out. As we stirred up the soil, I explained why there was a cow on one of the bags. Simply put, "It has cow poo in it."

This explanation was followed by 20 minutes of "Ewwww" and "Peeee-ewwww" and peals of laughter. Nothing like poo-poo to get pre-schoolers hysterical with glee. After "ewwww" started to lose some its hilarity, they began to question each other.
"Would you eat the cow poo?"
"No! Ewwwww!"
"Would you eat it?"
"No! Gross! How about your own poo?"
"Ummmm...(some thought required) No! Poo is yucky!"

On and on it went. I like poo-humor as much as the next girl but I have a limit. I don't mean to poo-poo (ha ha) their choice of humor butt enough is enough. Next time I'm just telling them its cow-brand soil....
Erica at 1:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home