Erica online

Thursday, June 9

A Bigger Box....

People are funny about boundaries.

Too few boundaries create chaos and fear. Too many boundaries are stifling and can breed rebellion.

We need rules, standards, guidelines and direction.
These are all boundaries that give us structure, a sense of purpose, even a sense of belonging.

But what if the some of the boundaries that bring us comfort are unhealthy?

Huh?

What if we are motivated by fear to lead safe, risk-free lives to "keep our stuff". We don't necessarily have to be happy to be comfortable. People who thrive in crisis, create crisis all the time so they are comfortable but it isn't a healthy way to live.

I mention this because I've been asking for freedom from some fears I've lived with for a long time. When God answered my prayers, and granted me freedom, I felt lost right away. I didn't realize how much my fear had been "comforting" me.

It is interesting that we can recognize boundaries that are too big or too small quite easily. But I hadn't considered boundaries that fit me just right could also be unhealthy.

Freedom is wonderful and full of peace, but it can also be scary to step into....
Erica at 10:26 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home