Erica online

Monday, September 5

What's In a Name???

We thought we had given our daughters such pretty names, Rebecca and Isabella. They sound pretty, and they have lovely meanings.
Rebecca means "Bound to God"
Isabella means "Consecrated to God"

What a great way to go through life, having people call your name several times a day, inadvertently calling your destiny, unaware of what they are doing. (Which is why I never named my kids with names that meant "evil beast" or "wicked little troll". )

Anyway, my lovely daughters have informed me that they have changed their names. Isabella is now called "Kath-er-ine" (prounced with dignity) and Rebecca informs me that I should call her "Salsa".
They have complied with each other's wishes and have been calling each other by their new names, all morning. Yesterday Bella wanted Angela and Rebecca wanted Coco, but it seems they are now happy with Katherine and Salsa.

Never a dull moment around here! Anyone know what Katherine and Salsa means? If it has anything to do with an evil troll, I'm putting a stop to this right now!
Erica at 2:16 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home