Erica online

Tuesday, October 4

Mommy Goggles...

You see young men running around in T-shirts that say, "Drink til she's pretty".
This accurately describes the "beer goggles" phenonmenon. Sadly, people trying to "hook up" in bars are not concerned about character, personality or intelligence.
It is simply a question of physical appearance, and even this quality can be altered by the appropriate amount of alcohol. When you are too drunk to see straight, everyone around could be a supermodel. Another "meat market" one night stand is born.

While I never participated in the beer goggles bar scene myself, I feel I have been sucked in by an even more powerful force...Mommy Goggles!!!

Sometimes I am so intoxicated with my girl's charm and loveliness, I can't see straight.
I can be such a sucker!

One thing that I value very highly is humor and Isabella has discovered that she is very funny. She knows how to make me laugh, and it difficult to scold someone while rolling on the floor in hysterics.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem if she was stupid. However, she is not stupid and has quickly learned how to use this talent to her advantage. The dreaded "comedic manipulation" has found its way into my home and its spreading....

My husband had no trouble punishing her as he does not particularly share Isabella's sense of humor. (Well, he's onboard with the poo-poo jokes, because what male isn't?)
However, this morning, he too fell prey to her wild and savage wit. He left for the bus shaking his head and laughing, trying to figure out what to do with this girl.

I've been married to my guy for 8 years and I'm still not sure when he will laugh, but Isabella managed to tickle his funny bone in 3 short years.

She is good.
Erica at 9:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home