Erica online

Thursday, September 29

Second Nature...

There is a song that was popular on the radio last year that had the line, "Tell me all your thoughts on God". That's what my girls have been doing for the last couple of days. Its seems that thinking about God and talking about Him has become second nature to them.
For Example,
Bella: I know! We have an extra seat in our van, we can invite GOD to sit in it.
Becca: God is too big to fit in our van, He's bigger than everything.
Bella: (Offended) Becca!!! I was just THINKING about it.

Yesterday Rebecca was making up a song on the way to school.
God is great, great, great, great, great. He is so great. He is so great.
Don'cha be scaird because He is great, great, great, great....etc....

Isabella was yelling at the top of her lungs in the van, "Hey Everybody! Bless me! Come on in and bless! Don't be afraid to BLESS ME! Bless me and bless my body! Bless me!"

I hope they always feel like God is another person in our family. I'm sure the reverence and sovereignty of God part of things will come as they age and mature (I hope) but for now I am happy they are comfortable with a friendly God who doesn't frighten them. I'm a little nervous about trying to teach them the fear of God and I trust that there will opportunities for that part of God to be revealed to them later. I'm not sure what age that sort of thing is appropriate so I will wait....
Erica at 10:57 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home