Erica online

Sunday, September 25

Random Thoughts...

The other morning Isabella woke me up with this statement, "Wake up mom! It will be Christmas soon!" ---Egad! What a thought! I'm not ready for that to be true!---

I had a party Friday night for my sister because she is awesome and deserves a party. Also because she got an awesome new job to suite her awesome self. I had brain wave about using chocolate mousse as filling on her chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles. (She like chocolate...alot!) I thought it was brilliant, why hadn't anyone thought of this before?
I'll tell you why.
Chocolate mousse has a consistency somewhere between WD-30 and snot. The cake was so slippery that the top layer kept sliding right off the cake. I'd put it back on and get out my trowel to stick it back on with mounds of sticky icing. Yet it continually slid right off again!
Finally I got fed up, and slapped the cake back together and cut it in slices before it could slip off again, it was like a scene from I Love Lucy.
The bottom line...I will not be invited to appear on the new show Martha Live! Unless of course, she is looking for a kitchen Stooge!!!

Rebecca is telling everyone she is four and a half. Isabella piped up, "Yeah, well I'm three and a CORNER!"

I have a great family. They came to the party on Friday night. Its nice to be around people that know you and its safe to just "be". I just rested without feeling the need to host. I just listened and laughed...my brothers are very funny. It was very pleasant. I hope my kids find peace, belonging and acceptance like that in our little family. It is a gift.
Erica at 1:26 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home