Erica online

Tuesday, September 27

The Upside...

Last night I watched the movie, "The Upside of Anger". Basically, a woman who is left by her husband with four girls to raise gets caught up in bitterness.

Watching it, I could see (seething fury aside) how difficult it would be for a single mom to raise girls. There were so many needs, for both the mom and girls, that couldn't be met by either side. The dad had been a stabilizing factor in their lives for a long time.

My point?

If D.J. ever dies I am so HOOPED!!! I would not want to raise my girls alone. Teenage girls can be wicked mean!!! I can see now how much Rebecca needs her dad already, I would be terrified of wrecking her if I ever had to do it myself.

This summer when we were out for a walk, D.J. said to me that Rebecca will always need a strong father figure in her life so if he evers dies, I should re-marry. He knows his daughter (and me) so well.

So, is my plan to re-marry instantly, if DJ ever kicks off?
Nope! My plan is to remain on my knees asking God to keep him alive for the rest of my life!!
He is the perfect dad for Rebecca and I do my best to fill in the gaps!

Well, that post was a morbid start to the day, was it not???
HAPPY TUESDAY everyone!!!! Try not think about death all day!!!
*hitting my head*
Stupid Erica! Stupid!
Erica at 8:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home