Erica online

Thursday, October 6

Slow Dancing in a Mine Field...

Lately I'm feeling like I need to watch where I step. The pressure of home, work, kids, finances, and relationships leaves me feeling frazzled and overwhelmed. When I am tired and overwhelmed, I find it easy to give into feelings of lonliness or depression.

So in the middle of the fray, I've been doing the only thing I can think of to keep my head above the waters of frustration and my heart out of the mire of hopelessness.
Each day this week, when I've felt overcome by all the "gotta do this, gotta do that" I leave it all where it is and sit at my keyboard. I start to play the piano and sing, and pour it all out before God. I shift my focus off all the stuff I should be doing, and come empty-handed looking for love. I have yet to be dissappointed.

My circumstances are demanding and difficult and one mis-step could set off a bomb of failure or dissappointing someone somewhere. My mind tells me I should get out my organizer and study the "mine field"...where can I be more effecient? Where can I cut out or deligate something that needs doing to someone else? How can I avoid all these potential explosions?

My heart knows better than my head.

I'm going to grab onto Jesus with all my might and let Him lead.
I'm going to stand on His feet and let Him worry about where we step.
I'm going to lay my head on His chest and find rest.
I'm going to close my eyes and trust that He knows where every potential disaster lays, and He can dance our way around it.
I'm going to listen to the music of heaven and hear the lullaby that soothes my frenzied emotions.
I'm going to slow dance in the mine field of my life.
Erica at 10:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home