Erica online

Tuesday, December 13

Optimism is Grand...

In general, there is a silver lining that can be found in any situation.
Today I was sort of in a negative space, so I had to work a little harder to find the bright side of things when bad things came my way.

Situation One - I found one of Rebecca's cups from pre-school (last week) that she didn't put away into the sink. It had milk in it when it was placed behind the couch. It was really stinky and nasty by the time I found it. Gross!
The bright side??? - We made cheese! That is quite an accomplishment isn't it? Its not fit for human consumption but it looks and stinks like cheese! Way to go Rebecca!

Situation Two - My daughter is coughing her lungs out at night so I had to take her to the doctor today.
The bright side??? - We got an appointment the same day that we called, and we have an awesome doctor who is kind and gentle with our kids and because we live in Canada we can afford medical care for a simple thing like a cough. Turns out its not an infections, just a virus.
Wait, this is ALL positive stuff, what was the negative thing again? Oh yeah, a little cough.

Okay, so what have I learned here?
I am really bad at being a pessimist.
What's that thing that I am good at again?
Oh, yeah! Over-reacting! That's the one.
Erica at 8:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home