Erica online

Tuesday, March 28

Mountain of Knowledge...

I imagine life to be like an open field of opportunity. John Locke the English philosopher wrote in 1690 that the human mind is a tabula rasa, a blank slate that is written upon by the experience of life.

From birth we all search for truth and understanding. We learn a little, and then build on that knowledge until we begin to formulate truths that are consistant. We end up standing on our little mountains looking down on those who have a smaller hill or looking up admiringly at those who seem to have built the alps in their time on earth.
I have my little mountain too!

Here is the kicker.
There are things I have spent years processing and I thought I had figured somethings out pretty well. I had my own formulas worked out concerning church, mercy, judgment and love.
Then God comes and speaks in the middle of the night, quiet gentle truths...and what happens???

A tiny eye-dropper of truth from heaven and my mighty mountain of knowledge melts away in an instant and I am left gaping at the ocean of my own ingnorance!

Once again, I am undone and I am loving every minute of it!
Truth is the best drug in the world and I'm high again!
Erica at 1:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home