Erica online

Friday, May 12

No Witness, No Crime...

The problem in dealing with my pre-schoolers is not the lack of crime but rather the shortage of reliable witnesses when the rules are broken.

Yesterday Rebecca came wailing up the stairs (she has a knack for drama). She relayed the tragic tail of betrayal by her sister. Part way through the dramatic saga, her little sister came running into the room yelling, "I did-nnnt do anything!".

Innocent until proven guilty.

The judge allowed the plaintiff to continue her case while the defendant wiggled nervously with her eyes as big as saucers. When asked to enter her plea, the defendant said, "I didn't do it".

Since the accuser seemed much more adament than the accussee (who was still wiggling-a sure sign of guilt in most courts), the judge asked, "Are you telling the truth?" to which the defendant replied, "No...I...um..I..didn't do what she said."

At this point, the judge needed to restore order in the court as the plaintiff began yelling, "Yes SHE did! She did! She is lying!!"

The judge asked one more time, "If you are lying, you will be in bigger trouble than if you just did what your sister said, this is the last time I'm asking, did you do it?"
After some consideration the defendant replied, "Well...I didn't see myself do it."

Ah! So there are only two witnesses to the crime, and one of them didn't see anything! How convenient!

The defendant is being held without bail and awaiting sentencing. The plaintiff got her hug and apology. The judge is considering a change in career, as each case comes down to the same old thing, "its her word against mine". Thankfully, guilt can often be determined by assessing which one is wigglier! I guess guilt just makes you wiggle.

Well, I should get back my little micro-society, my blog-recess is over. If you leave the inmates too long, they can start a riot.
Erica at 11:24 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home