Erica online

Tuesday, January 2

Weird Snow...

We've had another big dump of snow here in Winnipeg. That is not weird. In fact, its very normal for this time of year.
But there is something weird about the snow.

Normally we have big wet fluffy snow flakes, that sticks to your windshield. It forms great slabs of ice that cause people to slide and injure their backs. It makes roads into skating rinks and there are car crashes all over the place.

But this new snow is weird. It is like a dry powder. It shovels away with ease and doesn't stick to the side-walk or the shovel. I haven't used my windshield scraper yet this winter.

What could be my complaint about such polite snow?
Well, quite honestly, it worries me. Perhaps I'm being paranoid. However, with all the talk of global warming, and environmental changes I can't help but wonder if this is not a good thing. What if 'dry snow' isn't what our climate needs? Don't farmers need some moisture during the winter?

With all the changes in the whole earth, I understand that environmentally we're all in for some severe changes in the next years to come. But up until now, Canada has pretty much been exempt from such disasters as mudslides, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis etc...this is the first time a weather change has hit this close to home for me. Things are different now, and I must adjust my thinking. Think more globally. Think more urgently. Live less extravently.

In other news, it is supposed to be minus four tomorrow. Also very abnormal for this time year.
Erica at 8:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home