Erica online

Friday, March 9

Anatomy of the Worry Wart Brain (4am)

Its almost 4:45am and my mind is alive with random thoughts. At 4:00am Isabella Puddle Bed had an accident which required that I get up, change her sheets and clothes. Since then I've been trying (without success) to get back to sleep. My brain thinks I turned the switch "on". Clearly, this is a miscommunication as I would never choose to be awake at this hour.

I thought, well, I'm up anyway and lately I haven't had much to blog about, maybe I should blog the random things I think about before the sun is up....

  • Why did I let Isabella have liquids after 6pm? That was really dumb. Note to self: don't do that again.
  • I wonder if Rebecca S.K. cried or smiled or squealed when she saw her grandbaby again. (this makes me smile) Its hard for grandmas who live far away, and the idea of her being reunited with Eithnee makes me happy for all involved. *happy thought*
  • I am looking forward to my mom's plans to be here with us again in the spring, I've been missing her lately and I love watching how the girls "FREAK-OUT" when they see her.
  • I wonder how my cousin Lara is doing, and hoping she can make a life for herself where she is healthy and happy. If she moves here, I hope I can help her without taking over, and making either of us crazy.
  • I pray for my nephew's cut on his head to heal quickly, and that it doesn't hurt too much to get his stitches out today. I pray for strength and patience for my sister-in-law as she makes another trip to the doctor with her 3 boys.
  • I pray that mother-in-law is okay. I hate when she is sick, it worries me. I'm never quite sure that is going to be okay. I hope she liked her videos.
  • I am sad that my sister-in-law did not have a great birthday last week, and think about what I could do to make it better.
  • Oh, birthdays! Must remember to buy birthday gift for Bella's friend's party this Sunday.
  • Must get Rebecca's birthday party invitations ready tomorrow.
  • Hmmmmm....tomorrow...what do I need to do? Return videos, give Bella a bath, get ready for two meetings...oh yes that 10:30am meeting...what am I going to say?
  • That reminds me, I need to start planning the summer programming for the youth. Need to get a plan in place for recruitment by 10:30am tomorrow morning. Oh Lord, Help!
  • I wonder if I'll have enough time to get in a work-out tomorrow?
  • I think I ate too much yesterday, perhaps I should eat a little less tomorrow. Stop thinking about food! I'm getting hungry.
  • Oh crap! I forgot to buy laundry detergent yesterday.
  • I wonder how much day camp costs at the YMCA in the summertime? I wonder if Isabella is old enough to go, and if she isn't, will she be upset if Rebecca gets to go?
  • How soon are we going to have to replace the power steering pump on the van and how much is it going to cost?
  • I really need to get some drapes for the girl's rooms.
  • I wonder how D.J.'s volleyball game went. Did he play well? Will he happy in the morning? Did they win? Will he be happy in the morning?
  • I should call Cheryl and see if she wants to go for lunch tomorrow. I should not call her right now as she is probably sleeping. She might not like that.
  • I want to be like King David of the Bible. I want to be someone without ambition except to be a friend of God, that's cool. Besides, I don't think being a king would be all its cracked up to be anyway. I don't think I'd have enjoyed being responsible for that many people. Responsible for what thousands of people, that they are safe from raiders, that they have enough food and shelter, to set up a justice system, and keep all the coup d'etats at bay, dealing with traitors in the royal court. That sounds like alot of work. I'm not sure that its even worth a palace. I think David had the right idea, making friendship with God the ultimate reward. That sounds much more rewarding than a life of royalty. He was a pretty wise king.
  • I think the Ali G Show is stupid. (just rented it tonight) It didn't really make me laugh at all. I don't think I will watch the Borat movie, I just find him offensive, and I end up feeling sorry for him. Its not funny to me.
  • I wonder how Vanessa is doing, if she is still busy with work and if she's happy. I hope she is happy. I wonder if she will ever have a baby.
  • Ewww...my hands still smell like pee. I should get up and wash them, since I'm awake anyway I might as well go blog. What will I blog about? Hmmmm...how about just all these random thoughts I've been having? Who would actually read that?
Erica at 4:46 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Wow Erica! I hope you were able to get a bit more sleep before your busy day. Bless you .

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Read http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=415871&in_page_id=1770. That guy is an idiot and I won't be watching his movie.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

That link is here

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...I was awake too...my brain was also going. We should have a nice big glass of wine before going to bed last night.
where do you want to go for lunch?
C
I also hope Lara and Vanessa are happy and that R and Eithne are loving on each other.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

C
Samers!
We are like, so totally samers!
Dude!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Saw the Ali G show once. Hated it. Saw Borat. Totally think it's worth seeing, not for Borat so much as the responses he evokes. Though there are a couple of scenes at least that could have been left out. Expect to be offended. But probably not as bad as with Ali G.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well ladies; Ms Erica, Ms Cheryl...I am awake tonight and wish I could talk to a friend....I don't have many friends these days. My mom is so sick...and just got the word from the doctor that we are suppose to start talking about heaven. I am not ready for that...I am not ready and I want to scream...I want to scream so loud, and my daughter has a lump and I need a friend. I need a doctor for my daughter and I want it to be Erin, but I don't really know her.
So I never go on blogs cause like I am busy,,,, but tonight I wish I could find a chat line or something....oh well. Love you guys, miss you like crazy... ms Sherry from before...miss your mom too...where is everybody?

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

borat's not very good - natasha and i saw it at the cheap theatre. it was played up to be smarter than it actually was. a couple parts were good, but then he started taking advantage of people who were really well intentioned and trying to help him. that was really sad.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Happy? Yes! Babies? No.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home