Erica online

Friday, February 16

Back Inaction Back In Action

I have not blogged at all this week due to spinal complications.
On Monday something odd occurred, I went from life as usual to life in the horizontal.

My back when out. I've had back issues before but I'd always had some sort of forewarning when it was about to go out. It would be sore or stiff, go out, I'd go to the chiropractor and then all would be well again.

But this was different.
This went from normal to extreme pain and inability to move at all.
It was awful. DJ took off work as I couldn't move and the girls still need to be fed and taken to school. After a couple of chiropractor visits and two days laying in bed, it didn't improve so we went to the doctor to see what this nonsense was.

It turns out it is a slipped disc that is putting pressure on my cyatic nerve.
This explained the extreme pain. I am sceduled for a CT scan which will only be necessary if I don't improve over the next two weeks.
So I am now on high-powered anti-inflammatory pills which are very helpful. I am able to walk again, laying down is getting more comfortable and I can sit for a few minutes now. (I hadn't been able to sit for the last 4 days)

I've been sitting and typing for a few minutes so its time to stop now. Things are stiffening up again.

Please pray that I would heal quickly and permanently. I don't want an old lady back when I'm still a young lady. Or ever for that matter.
Erica at 12:22 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

Erica! What a concern! I will certainly be praying for you and will check back to see updates!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeepers! that's what happened to me! pan-am physiotherapy was very helpful.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good play on words.

glad you are feeling better...why not go work out with Seano?!?!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Anonymous,
Drs orders right now are to not do anything at all.
No exercise of any kind.

But I could go for a pint with Seano!
That might ease the pain!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, I looked at the comment by "Anonymous" and wondered what they were talkin' about! So I went back and checked your entry again! I can't believe I missed it first time 'round! One of my passionate loves of life is coming across a good play on words! This one is a prize-winner! Very good! Completely satisfying, in fact!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

OH MY WORD!!!

I HAD NO IDEA!!! Oh Erica...this just just the CHERRY on top of the month you've been having, isn't is??? AGGGHHHHHHH

I"m soo sorry. PRaying RIGHT NOW

6:09 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

Your play on words ... your dad will be so PROUD!! Art asked for prayer on Sunday for HIS back and I mentioned that the last time BOTH of your backs went out at the same time so they prayed that any generational crap would be broken for both of you

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home