Erica online

Thursday, February 14

My Funny Valentine

Today I was telling my husband about the funny sight I saw at the store.
There were two cashiers lined up JUST to wrap flowers.
Behind each of these flower ladies were long lines of men standing with a look of panic on their faces. The men were holding bundles of flowers looking distraught.
The panic, the horror of Valentine's Day if you don't get it right.
It looked like something out of a sitcom, so cliche and yet still funny.

I was telling my husband about these poor pathetic souls trying to make sure they didn't "mess up" Valentine's Day for their significant others.
I laughed as I re-iterated my stance on this particular holiday. "What's the point of being romantic just one day a year? You can show love everyday, not just one day a year!"
To which my darling husband replied, "You mean I had a choice????"

Isn't he charming?
Erica at 9:15 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

I completely agree, it shouldn't just be one day a year. But I have to admit, I look forward to my barbershop quartet every year on Feb 14th.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Your husband has the advantage of being able to offer a SUPER COOL gift at a moment's notice.
No fair!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I love Valentine's Day! I think many men need to have a day that they "remember" to do something nice for their partner. I don't wish it to be a heavy on any man just a reminder and even an excuse to do something.

It's just so nice to have a husband that does those nice things through out the year too, isn't it?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey Erica!
Glad to see you are back!
Your Feb 9th post is a good example of why I've missed you! I shall have to update my bloglines!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home