Erica online

Tuesday, July 31

Parenting 101

I think I figured out the 3 basic things that are required to limit the amount of damage we do to our kids while raising them.

I created this formula during the week that my kids were at the lake with their dad and I was working.
Did you ever notice how easy it is to master parenting while there are no kids around?
I have some friends who haven't started their families yet who have perfected the parenting process. It is a strange coincidence.

Anyway, in three easy steps I think I've devised a plan that will not make you a perfect parent but will keep the damage you inflict to a minimum.

Here they are...the three gifts you can give your children that will keep them trauma-free!

#1. Introduce them to a good, kind, gentle God.
#2. Register them in a good, kind and gentle school.
#3. Bring them to a good, kind and gentle dentist.

If you follow these three steps, you should be able to avoid most of life's most traumatizing events.
And if these steps should fail, see step #1 again. That usually works on most trauma.
Good luck!
I would love to say more but my time on offering parenting advice has come to an end, my kids are home and they are REAL!!!!
Erica at 8:55 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

You are brilliant...your girls are blessed to have you as their Mommy.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

How about good, kind, gentle, PARENTS???????????????

11:57 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

if only it were this simple...

5:47 PM  
Blogger Okanagangirl said...

Yup, It's pretty simple and you've got it right.
Love, love, love, that's all you need...hey didn't someone write a song about that?

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home