Erica online

Monday, June 18

More Cute Quotes...

Rebecca saw a urinal in one of the outhouses in the Whiteshell...
"Mom, that's for boys to go pee. I know how boys go pee. They stand up. Mom, do you know how boys go pee?"
"How?"
"The can stand up because they got a little tongue down there."

Isabella groggily walked into my room first thing in the morning. Her first words were...
"Mommy, I had a rough night. I forgot to turn off my mind before I went to sleep and it was on ALL night!"

Rebecca explaining her plans for the future while walking home from the bus stop...
"Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to be just like you. I'm going to help teenagers be better people and work for the community. And guess what else? I'm going to have boobies too! Just like you."

Overheard while the girls were drawing at the table while I was making supper...
I: "Okay, now its my turn."
R: "Ready? Okay. Little girl, come see me, I have some candy for you."
I: "NO! You're a stranger. Leave me alone!"
R: "But I'm not a stranger, I know your dad."
I: "NO! You're a stanger! Leave me alone!"
R: "I'm not a stranger, I need some help to find my lost puppy. Can you help me?"
I: "NO! You're a stranger! Leave me alone!"
R: (in a lilting voice) "I have chocolate for you."
I: "NO! You're a stranger! Leave me alone!"
R: "Okay, that was good, you passed. Now its my turn. Try me again"

In addition to playing "Stranger" to test each other, they've also taken to playing "Kindergarten Registration" and "Restaurant" which has two versions, "Good Service Restaurant" and "Bad Service Restaurant." This little adaptation came from my mother-in-law. When they played restaurant at her house one day, she told them they have bad service. Apparently, that was quite a high compliment she handed out. Now they do it on purpose!
Erica at 9:50 PM

10 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

HA HA HA.

Your kids say the greatest stuff.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

How did you get such funny kids?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

OH my goodness...that is hysterical.

I'm so serious...you need to write a little book compiling all these things!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when I leave my mind on before I go to sleep!

good training re: stranger danger

C

8:42 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Bella must teach me HOW to turn off the mind. I could use THAT advice.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun - Kumar and I must try playing "Stranger". One of our favorite games is "Bear Attack" where one person plays the bear and the other has to play dead and lay really still so the bear doesn't attack it - it takes a lot of skill but the girls might enjoy it! We also play "Seizure" sometimes so that we're prepared for if someone has one. Both really fun and educational games the girls might like - pass them on!
Shameem

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! So much fun.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Shameem,
You are so funny, your comment made me laugh out loud!
You're so CRA-ZY!!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

So THAT's why I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night! Bella forgot to turn off her mind! Next time perhaps she would consider keeping the volume on low!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

That just cracks me up Rick! You have live-in SNL skits that are actually FUNNY!! And mostly clean!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home