Erica online

Sunday, May 27

That's The Way I Heard It!

This post is not about gossip. Its about the way children hear things just a little differently.

The other morning, I was trying to wake up while Isabella sat their happily chattering away to me. Before I'd even opened my eyes, she asked, "Mom, do you want me to read to you?"
I said yes as I thought I could keep my eyes closed for a precious few more minutes. She came back with her kiddie Bible and started with the story of Adam and Eve. By the time she got to Jesus, I had opened my eyes and I was listening to her. She was adorable, reading the stories as she remembered them told to her.

When she got to the story about Jesus and Zaccheus, I asked her if she knew a song about that story. If there is anything I love more than listening to her read, its listening to her sing.
She excitedly told me that she did know a song, and would I like to hear it. Indeed I did.

She sang a song that many people have heard in Sunday School with one minor change...

Zaccheus was a wee little man
And a wee little man was he
He climbed in a sycamore tree
For the Lord he wanted to see
And as the Saviour passed that way
He looked up in the tree
And He said, "Zaccheus! You CALM down!
For I'm going to your house today."
For those who are not familiar with this little ditty, the words are "you come down" but I think I like her version better!
Erica at 11:34 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Her version definately is better = priceless.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Funny!

Today Hudson was telling us about the movie "Jonah" he had watched. He told us that God told Jonah to go to "Niverville" but he didn't want to go.

I totally understand. I wouldn't want to go to Niverville either.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I agree with Rebecca, I like her version better, a timely word indeed. Way to go Bella!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

That is so cute. I also love hearing my kids singing. Evan sings all the time and it is usually spontaneous songs about what he is doing at the time. Ron and I just look at each other and gush over how cute he sounds. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home