Erica online

Monday, May 28

My Interview

I asked Rebecca to interview me, so I have answered the very insightful questions she asked me. I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with my answers, I'm sort of one-dimensional tonight!

1.Tell me the reasons that you get up in the morning, besides your children....and when did you realize that you needed to take this simple step for yourself?

Truth be told, if I didn't have children I probably would sleep in as much as humanly possible. So besides my kids...hmmm...that's tough! I guess its the list of things that pop into my head that I need to get done on any given day. I know that I have the most energy in the morning. I get up and get productive until the wave of energy subsides and then I pray that I can have a nap!

2.Now that we all know that Wal-Mart and many other companies use slave labour..do you find that affects your shopping habits or not. If so, why, if not - why not...?

Yes and no, but mostly no. I shop for items at 10,000 Villages (which features fair trade stuff) because I like the stuff in the store. But at heart, I'm a bargain hunter so when I find a good deal, where it was made does not enter into the equation. I know it should but I've never done the research so I'm ignorant of which companies have fair trade and labor and which do not. And I don't generally shop at Wal-Mart because its too far from my house, Superstore is closer. Is Superstore bad? That's why I like 10,000 villages, I don't have to know anything, I can buy anything in the store and its all good. I can be ignorant and socially responsible at the same time.

3.If you could run away and join the circus...which one would it be, where and why?

I didn't know there was more than one circus. It wouldn't be the Shriner's cause I've heard some bad stuff about their behaviour in Winnipeg. It wouldn't be Cirque du Soliel because I can barely touch my toes, I would not qualify. I wouldn't join the carnies in a travelling show because they scare me. I guess I'd have to join Ring Ling Brothers or something generic that doesn't frighten me. (carnies - small hands, smell like cabbage) Where? I would hope they travel around and see interesting places. I don't know where the circus goes, but if there was one that went to Mexico in February I'd be all over that! Why? I probably wouldn't ever join a circus. I think the circus is weird, and I have no circus-like talent so I'd end up being the girl in the aisle yelling "Get your POP-Coooooorrrrnn! Heeeee-aaaaarrr!" Not my dream job! I know I'm boring.

4.If you could spend a day by yourself, no kids, no husband, no friends...what would you do, where would you go and why?

I would probably go to a spa. I get bored quickly so if I could spend a day going from treatment to treatment, and be pampered and just absorb being cared for, I would loooovve that. I would love it because I could rest and feel taken care of and not think about anyone else ALL day! Ooooooo! Such a naughty, selfish girl I am!

5. What is your saddest memory...tell me about it. Why it was sad and what effect it has had upon your life....

Oh there are so many to choose from, I don't know where to start. Just Kidding. That's an interesting questions because there are different kinds of sad. There is hurt-sad, angry-sad, dejected-sad, lonely-sad, disappointed-sad, grieving-sad, disillusioned-sad: so many forms of saddness. I can't pick one!

So now the chain continues on...

I am willing to interview you if you should care to join in the fun....come on, take the risk!

Here are the rules.....

1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Erica at 10:23 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I think these answers are amazing and insightful (is that a word?) especially the last one....anyone who has survived that kind of experience gets a "hats off" and ice creams for the rest of their life!! Thanks Ric Rac... Great Post.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Interview me

9:18 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

I'm a bit nervous...but ok go for it!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I'm in. (*as I nervously start biting my nails*)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

OK, I'm game. Interview me.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a fun idea! Wanna interview me?

4:25 PM  
Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hmmm ... I've been WAY behind in my post-reading! Am I too late to be interviewed?

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home