Erica online

Tuesday, September 2

The value of a toy.

I am going through the kid's toys today to thin out the ones that they don't use anymore.
Good problem to have, my kids have too many toys. They are so blessed, its awesome.

I was thinking about how much the kids value different toys that they have as I went through the various baskets on the shelf. "Can't give this one away, Bella loves it" or "Neither of them play with this one anymore." I realized that the value the girl's assign to the toys has nothing to do with it's monetary value. Some of the toys that cost $1.49 are played with more than the one that cost $40.00!

I just spent 15 minutes blowing bubbles with Rebecca. Cost of activity....$1.49! She was laughing and squealing like crazy. Then I asked if she wanted to play on her computer ($78.00) and she said, "no, play crayons". (cost $2.49)

So, what's my point? (Please don't ever assume that I have one, its bound to lead to much dissappointment) Its just interesting how differently adults and children assign value to things.
(Well that's an abrupt end to my blog. Kinda feels like I'm leaving something out eh?)
Erica at 9:32 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home