Erica online

Monday, October 6

So we're back to Monday, which I LOVE.
This morning we went to the Y and did the bouncer thing.
It is so much fun to watch the kids go wild! They love it.

A lot has happened this past weekend. It was truly crazy, but now I'm hoping
that things will soon get back to normal...
just living, taking care of my kids, working, playing volleyball, cooking (I'm making Sheperd's Pie right now, it smells just heavenly!) and cleaning (yuck!).

We dedicated Isabella this Sunday which was great, I thought it was lovely.
(There's Rhonda's word). But I won't talk about that right now as I'm still absorbing and processing.

I've had two profound thoughts today...yes, only two. Alot goes on in one's head while peeling potatos.

First I was thinking about how I'm not getting any younger.
Not in the negative sense, but in the literal sense. No person is getting younger yet so many people are terrified of aging. So if I'm not getting younger, perhaps this is as good as it'll be for me. Now that might sound depressing, but follow my thinking here...
If this is as thin, fit (I hope not), tall, pretty, wrinkle-free, hip, happening as I'll ever be then why don't I revel in it? Why do we think, okay when I lose 10 pounds then I'll wear a bikini?
Cause lets face it honey, 20 years from now, we'll look back and say, what kind of an idiot was I when I was 25???? I looked great! The pre-gravity years and I was scared to go to the beach...what a waste! I don't want to do that, I don't want any regrets when I'm 50, 60, 70 etc.

So I won't dwell on what I'm not and waste what's left of my youth, I'm gonna go out and buy myself some saucy clothes and live it up a little more! And I'm also going to stop saying "I'm old" which I do far too often. Cause I'm not! Yet!

My other profound thought of the day is....DANG...I can't remember.
Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny. I really can't remember.
But I'll just learn from watching my mom dealing with this "disease" and just
let it come to me.

I'll write it later, if it comes to me.
Erica at 3:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home