Erica online

Monday, September 29

So I had my first trip away from the girls!
I spent a whole weekend away at a women's retreat.

It was great! I feel refreshed and relaxed and ready to take
on the joys and pains of parenting again.

But this entry is not about it, its about my kids.
It was an interesting day back yesterday to watch the
reaction of my girls after I'd left them for so long.

I feel a bit like an anthropologist studying the reactions of various
small creatures who have experienced varying degrees of stress.
Not to be cold or scientific (I'm still their mommy and I love them to bits)
but I'm curious.

So far, I have noted these observations:

Rebecca (specimen one) is fine, its like I wasn't really gone. She was happy and smiley when she saw me and is enjoying playing with me again. Things are back to normal.

It is specimen two (Isabella) that is having a fascinating reaction to the change in stimuli. --hee, hee I like this psychobabble---- Isabella seems to be watching me from a distance, she is fluxuating between being angry with me and being withdrawn. It's like she is deciding whether she still wants to be friends with me.

I'll just keep loving away at her, and breaking down her bitter little resolve. She is so cute! And such a little person, I am totally in awe of her thought processes. I even love it when she sets her stubborn little jaw against me. Because I know that I'm still gonna love her, but it'll be fun to watch her figure that out for herself. Hee hee

Mind blowing thought of the day: They really are unique, little people! They are so deep and complex and such a wonder to discover....learning who they are is sooooooo exciting and sooooo much fun!
Erica at 10:01 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home