Erica online

Monday, September 22

I just love all things Victorian.
I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice.

I think the culture at the time was so beautiful.
Things were so simple, wholesome and innocent.
Holding hands was an act of unbridled passion.
(yes, perhaps that is a tad repressive)
But overall, the idea that words meant something.
People were careful about what they said, what they did, and how
they behaved.

There was an art to letter writing, conversation and etiquette.
Poise and manners were a sign of dignity.
Now, while I realize that there was a great deal of hypocracy in this time,
there was also the ideals of chivalry and being gentile.

I miss that about the world I live in. Yes, everything is REAL, but there is
also a great lack of things beautiful. I think we've missed out on innocence
and romance in the name being REAL.

I would have loved to live in those days (if I was rich, let me just say that being born poor in that time would have been brutal, so for the poor the world has improved)

But I think I could give up a little of my civil liberties, and education in the ways of the world for something of beauty, innocence and romance. Even if that ideal society may have had its hypocrites, cause hey, who's doesn't?

And besides, a little delusion never hurt anyone.
Erica at 8:20 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home