Erica online

Friday, September 19

Alright, time and rest have rendered me a little more rational.
Sometimes seeing the good in something is just a matter or perspective.

The drop-in isn't as bad as having a terminal illness or getting a life
sentence to a prison in a third world country.

I get paid to work there, that's a good thing.

We may have a problem with mary-jane but so far no heroine, crack or
coke. Keep your fingers crossed!

The violence is kept at a tolerable, boys will be boys level. Nobody has been physically damaged, psychologically I can not speak for, but physically no harm no foul. Well...there is that one wedgie last year....that really had to hurt.
But I'm trying to look at the positive side here.
Focus Erica, Focus.

We have no prostitution at the drop-in. The girls dress like skanks but most girls their age do, so its not just at the drop-in.

Its a safe place for kids to get off the street. And the staff do care about the kids, really underneath our disgust for their putrid behaviour, we really do care.

While they are in the gym, they are not doing graffitti on public property:)
(except maybe in the boys bathroom but nothing in the world could convince me to go in there, that is one inexplicable smell coming out of that room)
-Jr. High boys are just gross-

So there is a purpose to what I'm doing.
I think.
I can keep doing it.
I hope.
The kids really need someone to believe in them.
And I care about them it.
Dang it! I really do.
What a chump!

Erica at 3:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home