Erica online

Sunday, September 14

Its official. Isabella has an ear infection.

How do I know this? Expert medical attention my friend.
Allow me to lay the scene for you, if I may.

(I'll write as classically as I can so as to preserve the minicule amount of dignity
in the events that transpired ---that, and I'm reading Pride and Prejudice right now)

(I'd also like to preface this story with the fact that my children are very well behaved and gentle creatures under normal conditions.)

The walk-ins are closed on Sundays, and Isabella has had this head cold for a week so I figured there must be more to this than a cold, perhaps an ear infection.
So I called envoy......skip ahead 6 hours.....

The doctor arrives at my door, and from the moment he steps in the door, my eldest daughter begins a red-faced scream of terror. She starts screaming and shaking, yelling "no, no, no doctor!".
Now Isabella, begins to fear as her sister is having a huge hissy fit. So she begins screaming and clinging to me like a baby ape in a national geographic special.

So the doctor and I manage to hold Isabella down while she screams so he can look in her ears while Rebecca is screaming "no, no, my baby" and clinging to my leg. I manage to get her off and put her in her room until her turn....Yes, she also has a cold! AAAAAHHHHHH!

So we get Isabella finished and reasonably recovered, and I go upstairs to get Rebecca. I find her hiding in her tent, and she begins the ordeal anew, just having rested up her vocal cords. With fresh zeal, she screams and panics for the young doctor who is wondering why he ever chose this profession, I'm sure. Through the red- faced, sweaty, clinging, screaming she hears the magic words..."I'm all done."

With that, she stops screaming, looks at the young man and says quite calmly, "Good-bye....mommy, can I have some chocolate milk?"

After many apologies, I let him out of the house and am now preparing for a short nervous breakdown, once my adrenaline stops pumping through my body like wild fire.
Maybe I'll go for a run.
Away.
From home.
Erica at 6:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home