Erica online

Friday, September 12

Its a terrible thing not to have sick days.

It seems I have contracted a head cold that my
daughters have just gotten over. So now that they
are back to their happy, energetic selves, I'm feeling
like going to sleep for about a week.

When "working people" are ill, they get to take the day off
and stay in bed all day. This makes me very envious.

I think when a stay-at-home parent (parent, not mom because we must be P.C. these days) is sick, they should have a magic number to call.

Immediately after calling the number, three people show up at your door.

First a child-care work of Mary Poppins proportions should whisk your children away so they spend the day in such rapture that they forget even to ask where mommy went.

Second, a maid with the energy and speed of a tornado who is also thorough and meticulous. This super-maid should clean your house top to bottom, cook a three course meal, and iron every article of clothing in the house.

And finally, the masseuse. She would be as efficient in giving massage as sympathy. So you are pampered physically and emotionally.

If this were the case, I would try to get sick at least once a month.

But as it is, I'll just pop a pain-killer and go read the Thomas the Train, one more time!

Erica at 8:59 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home