Erica online

Tuesday, September 9

The great thing about blogging is that it gives you the opportunity to think
about what you say before you write it, and put it out in the world.
But since I don't take advantage of this opportunity in person, I don't think
I'll do it while blogging either. It would feel wrong, like I'm cheating somehow.
So I'll just say whatever comes into my little head here too... just like in person.
If I mess up, it won't be the first time I've said the wrong thing.

What I noticed the other day, is that I always seem to say the wrong thing when I'm in church.
Doesn't have to be a specific church, any church will do. I'm not sure if there are just more wrong things you can say in a church or if church brings out the rebel in me.

But get me within 10 feet of a Christian (epecially a pastor of some kind) and I'm bound to say something stupid, controversial or completely inappropriate. It's like some kind of compulsive urge. I just want to flip out in some kind of Terret's Syndrome tantrum! Seriously, its horrible.

Don't believe me?
Example, one time Nathan (a pastor) asked me what we call our daughter Rebecca for short. So I shot back (instantly, without forethought) "Sexy Becky". Which is totally not true!
I've never called her that in my life! I have no idea where these things come from.

(To my blog readers: I told you in my first blog that I am neurotic!)

So my options are avoid church or go, smile and wear a muzzle. Keep my comments strictly to the weather. Maybe they have a pill for this or something. Doesn't ridaline cure everything????



Erica at 12:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home