Erica online

Saturday, September 13

The phrases "Judge not lest ye be judged" and "What goes around, comes around"
have been floating around my brain lately.
(Yes, in my brain, things float...and it takes them a while to settle)

I've been thinking about how careless I am about the things I think and say.
It is so easy to pass judgement or form an opinion on people, and even if its
not said aloud, it puts that "law" into motion.

What am I talking about????
I'll give an example, I thought (and probably said) that people who have their kids close together have got to be crazy! Why would anybody do that?
-My kids are 16 months apart.-

Not convinced?
When I worked in the nursery at church, those mothers who fretted over dropping off their kids, and hung around too long drove me crazy. Just drop your kid off and leave!
-I have the hardest dropping Isabella off at the Y nursery. She cries and I try to walk away without being knocked over by the great waves of guilt that come my way.

Now, you might think, that's not a judgement come back to haunt you, that's just a change of perspective. Now that's also true, but if I was more gracious in the first place and saw things from the other perspective in the first place, I'd be less apt to judge. AND I wouldn't feel like a dork, when I make the same mistakes that I've judged other people for.

I guess that what being merciful is kind of about, grace for other people's stupidity that you haven't yet experienced.

Wow! That was an unexpected brain fart!
Erica at 10:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home