Erica online

Tuesday, February 22

Flying High....

In crisis situations there is a certain amount of adrenaline that kicks in to help you do whatever it is that needs to get done. I got adrenaline highs quite regularly working at the drop-in center.

With my new job, it is meetings, paper work and more meetings. No kicking drug-dealers butts or breaking up fights with big teenage boys twice my size. Not one in an meeting have a had a drunk person try and flirt with me. As far as adrenaline goes....its booooooo-ring.

Well, the last few days, there has been a crisis situation going on with a youth program that has required some serious de-escalation, communication and negotiation. Adrenaline rising!

I've had work between people, de-escalate people who were angry and upset and work on a tight time schedule to get everything back on track. Yeee-----hah! I LOVE the high!!!

I've been working like a maniac, and getting things going, and I'm loving it. Work that I enjoy and little bit of the rush that I've grown accustomed to. I thought of some future jobs I might take that fit my description of a good time:

1. International Spy
2. Mafia Boss
3. President of the U.S. (while at war with Iraq or any other country for that matter)
4. Hostage Negotiator
5. Directory of a Nursery School (don't laugh, those moms can be VICIOUS!!!!)

Any other ideas?
Erica at 1:16 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home