Erica online

Sunday, February 20

Its What's Inside That Counts.....

Generally, anyone who gets cast as the lead in any Hollywood movie is going to be beautiful.
They don't really do ugly but smart, or hideous with a great personality. The bottom line is eye-candy who can act...somewhat.

But in real life, when we aren't forced to stare at someone's face for 2 hours while not interacting with them, a person's looks don't get them as far as in the movies. I can be completely put off by a stunning face when some insipid, rude or racist comment is expeled from their perfectly aligned teeth.

I have been noticing lately, what people emit from inside is what attracts me or not. (Not that I'm all deep or anything...its just seems to be the pattern lately).

I've been avoiding negativity, and shallow, fakey smiles. Its too depressing to be around. Its exhausting to see hurt held captive in hearts that refuse to acknowledge its presence. People can only cover rejection, and anger with "happy-bubbly" for so long before reality starts to raise to the top.

I'm not saying that being real isn't difficult. I'm not saying facing hurt and rejection aren't painful, but living with it buried is a life-long anguish that takes it toll and steals lives.
I'm not even saying that I go head-to-head with hurt or confrontation that comes my way, but I try my best to be real....I am trying to be what I am, regardless of the outcome.

NOTE: This post is not about one specific person that I know, I'm don't have any one specific person in mind, I'm just babbling on about people in general and my desire for thing to be real. If this post resembles you in any way, it is a coincidence, and I'm not talking about YOU! okay?
This is just a general blathering on about what I've noticed lately, I want the whole world (including me) to cut the crap!
Erica at 4:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home