Erica online

Thursday, June 8

Soundtrack...

When I was in university I took a "rubber" course because I had a heavy course load.
Definition: rubber - an easy elective to provide a credit without a lot of work eg. Basket Weaving 101

The Course Title was "The Enjoyment of Music". It included biographies of composers, the basics of music theory and defining musical terms. Much of it included being able to listen to music and understand the technical side but also interpret the emotion of the music. My children could get an A in the later part.

Yesterday, while driving in the van, I was trying to get them to fall asleep so I set the radio to CBC Radio 2, which plays classical music.

They spent the entire time listening to the music and shouting out what the music brought to mind.
When the music was slow and soft - "This is the part when I am dancing"
The music is bright and quiet - "Okay, this is where I wake up"
Fast music with deep, bass - "This is when people are being chased by a wolf!"

They never did fall asleep, but they did have creative stories to match the soundtrack each new movement in the music brought to mind. It was very entertaining to listen to them.
Erica at 8:17 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home