Erica online

Wednesday, September 27

Bits of Bella...

The post about Rebecca revealed a girl who processes ideas and then presents them to the world. Her thoughts are much like molasses; slow, thick and rich. In contrast, Isabella's thoughts are more like a blast from a shot-gun. A hundred unconnected ideas shoot out in a thousand directions all at once and its very LOUD! (she doesn't scream per se, she just talks VERY LOUD A LOT!!)

It is more difficult to write about Isabella's cuteness because its not so much what she says but how she says it. Her facial expressions, her emphasis on certain words and the drama in every thing she does, but I will try to share some quips from the last couple of weeks.

After going to a movie with her aunt:
"Ohhhh that was so hil-ar-ious, I just laughed off my head!"

After discovering she likes putting the laundry detergent into the machine:
"Mommy! If you wash more clothes, come get me and I'll put in the wash sauce for you!"

After listening to a conversation between Rebecca and I about where babies come from:
"Oh I get it! I came out of a hole in your BUTT!" (breaks into peels of laughter at the word butt)

After hearing pretty much anything that she likes:
"Oh that is just the best!" "You are the best mommy/daddy/sister in the whole wide world!" "That is the best idea I ever heard"

After being told to go to her room to put on socks:
"Yes, Mother!" (she rolls her eyes and draaaaags herself down the hall)

After her mother told her she is a drama queen:
(coming close to my face, taking a deep breath between each word, she yelled)
"I AM NOT A DRAMA QUEEN!" (then cracked up laughing at herself...skipped off singing, "I am not a drama queen...)
*if I was a sarcastic person, I would comment here but thankfully I am not sarcastic*

While singing and dancing (like Maria) around the living room:
"The hills are alive with the sound of muuusssic. With songs they have sung... for a thousand EARS!"

And finally...this one Rebecca said about Isabella.
Both girls love being read to but when Isabella has been sitting still long enough, she has a very subtle signal to let me know. As I turn every page, she makes a smart-alec remark about the preceeding page. The intention is to make her sister laugh, which will cause them both to get silly and we'll stop the reading session.
The remarks are usually something like "Yeah Right!" or "That would never happen!" or the ever popular potty humor ones such as "Then he fell on his butt!" or "Then he fell asleep and peed the bed." or "He went to potty and they never saw him again!"

The result is that she makes her sister giggle uncontrollably. One day after a laughing fit, Rebecca sighed and said, "Oh Bella! You're so funny, we should put you on the newspaper!"
Erica at 8:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home