Erica online

Saturday, April 28

Quotes from My Girls

Its been awhile since I've posted about some of the funny, silly or profound things that my daughters say, so here I go again:

Isabella after a playdate with her little buddy Sophia: "Mom! We had so much fun! We even got to play Secret Asian!!" (she meant secret agent)

Rebecca had not been eating her snack at school so I told her that I would not pack one if she didn't start eating it. She didn't. I didn't.
Here is what the drama queen said to our neighbor after getting off the bus at the end of the school day: "My mom didn't pack a snack for me today! I didn't have anything to eat! NOT EVEN ONE LITTLE CRUMB!!!"
(I can imagine the neighbors will not be nominating me for mother of the year now!)

Rebecca was talking to herself, then talking to me, then just talking in general. I asked her if she planned to stop talking in the next little while, and she said "NOPE!" So I asked her if she she planned to keep on talking forever and she replied, "That's my plan!"
(somehow I believe her)

Isabella's been going through a phase where she picks up a word or a phrase and repeats it over and over to try it out. Its hard to communicate in writing how cute it is but I will try.

Annoying: "Oh my I'm so annoyed by this!" "I can't believe that is truly annoying"
Such a Pity: "Oh dear its such a pity I don't have school today!" "I can't find my socks, its such a pity!" "My bike HEL-MENT fell down and its such a pity!"
Extrordinary: "I tried my cereal and it was simply extrordinary!" "My dress is extrordinary" "I'm soooo hungry mom, its extrordinary!"
Trowel: "Oh dear! I must weed my garden with my trowel." "Its time to trowel out the grass" " I need my garden gloves so I can use my trowel."
I was born for it: In answer to anyone who asks if she is ready...."I was born ready!"
While riding her bike..."I was born to ride!" Answer to anyone who asks if she is going to kindergarten next year..."I was born to go to kindergarten!"
I'm so embarassed: "I'm so embarassed of my shirt...Mom! What does embarassed mean?"
"I'm embarassed of my lunch" "I'm embarassed of my daddy's supper."
(Still not sure what she thinks this word means but she says it alot!)

Rebecca came home from kindergarten and told me about some of the drama at the school. Aparently a little boy and a little girl were "going out" in KINDERGARTEN!!! (Can you believe it?) She didn't know what this means, but she thought it was cool to say and then she said, "its over now though because they broke apart!" Thankfully, she'd never heard the term "going out" or "broke up" and she remembered the broke part. (Not trying to be a prude but it comes naturally to me and they're in freakin' kindergarten...where are they learning this crap?)

DJ told Isabella it was time to put on her pjs and brush her teeth before bed. She turned on her heel, saluted and shouted, "Sir! Right away! Sir!" I burst out laughing, and without batting an eye DJ said, "That's right private! On the double." And happy as could be, she ran off to get ready for bed. Now I know how he runs the house when mommy's not at home!

When my back was out, Rebecca sat with me in my bed and read me a book. She was thoughtful for a moment, then let me know what my diagnosis. "Mom! I think your back is hurt because you haven't been exercising enough." I told her that the doctor had said I was exercising too much and that why it was sore, and she replied, "Ahhh yes! That's what the problem, you've been exercising too much!" She changed her story so quickly and declared both with such certainty, I think she'll either be a lawyer or a politician! My little waffler!

And now some quotes from Rebecca the Profound....

I overheard Rebecca reading Isabella the creation story from their little picture bible. After the part about Adam and Eve eating the apple and having to leave the garden, she continued,
"See how smart God is Isabella? He gave Adam and Eve the perfect discipline. He didn't kill them for eating the fruit, instead He gave them a second chance, but He was still teaching them that they had to listen to Him. When its teaching and a second chance at the same time, that is good discipline!"

Isabella sat there nodding her head while I was around the corner thinking "What the...?? Where does she get this stuff? I've never even thought of that before!! That's crazy!"

and finally....
Rebecca has had a run in with a bit of a bully this year on the bus ride home. There is a girl in grade one who "befriended" Rebecca for a price. She tries to get Becca to bring her things or do things which Rebecca (thankfully) has resisted.
Things got particularly difficult when Becca didn't invite the girl to her birthday party, but Becca handled herself very well. About a week after her runs-in with the grade one girl, I was tucking Rebecca in when she said,
"Mom, do you know what I think about Kaitlyn? I think I know why she is mean to the other kids. Every day when she gets off at her stop, Kaitlyn's mommy is there and she doesn't smile at Kaitlyn, or giver her a hug or a cuddle or anything. Maybe Kaitlyn needs her mommy to hug her and love her so she won't be sad, and then she won't be mean to the kids."

Wow! Such wisdom. Maybe we should try letting the United Nations be run by 6 year olds for awhile and see how the world changes...
Erica at 10:21 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Your girls are real treasures.....I love reading about the things that they think or say....BUT please tell DJ to stop with the military business...we don not want all this artistic beauty wasted in the army (who spend time like fighting illegal wars in Iraq etc!)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Such good stories Erica, makes me smile. Aila has been saying ' and that's the end of that forever'. Then she will repeat the process. These little ones are such a huge blessing.You guys are doing a great job.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Those were awesome! Thanks for sharing your girls with us - it made my day today and helped me in my mothering.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home