Erica online

Sunday, December 18

The More You Know...

The more you know, the more you know that you don't know.
Maybe with the increase in wisdom comes the understanding of how little
wisdom you actually have.

I've been thinking about the prophetic and this is what I've come up with....
There is alot that I don't know.
Its just listening, and I can listen and still not understand.
Sometimes there is an explanation (especially when I keep asking why but I still can
misunderstand the explantion).

Should I just chuck it all?
I think not.
Maybe part of the mystery is the gift of humility. One can't be a know-it-all when one knows how much one doesn't know.

Could there be a point to listening without understanding?
I think yes.
I can learn to obey. Obedience is a gift.
I think healing can come just with the listening, even if I don't get it.
If ministry comes from relationship, I can be ministered to just by listening.
(plus there is my addiction to "the presence" which I must feed lest I wither and die)

I think for somethings, wisdom and understanding will come with age, and eventually I will get it.
I think with other things, it doesn't matter if I ever get it, I can obey and be faithful.
And still other areas, I may never understand it here(in this life) but seeing as I don't run the planet, it doesn't matter. The earth will continue to rotate without me having all knowledge and understanding so I need to just let it go and not worry.

Thank God I'm not God.
Erica at 12:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home