Erica online

Wednesday, October 29

Exciting night at the drop-in last night!

We started with threats to the cleaning staff to be dealt with.
Normal disciplinary stuff.
But just to mix it up a little (they don't want me to be bored) we had a kid strung out on who knows what (wouldn't tell me) vomiting everything he'd ever eaten.

So while I was dealing with that, a boy threw a snowball (with a rock in it) at the building and broke a window.

From one emergency to the next, this is now 7:20pm (we open at 7pm). As I'm inside dealing with some new kids who are checking out the drop-in for the first time, I hear screaming in the lobby. I go running out to find a lit firecracker spinning on the floor while the lobby fills with smoke. Now the fire alarm is screeching and kids start running out of the building (a good thing.) So I go herd out the boys who are still playing basket ball with the alarm going off, loudly explaining the importance of exiting a potentially burning building!

We get all the kids out before the fire department arrives. And have to close until further notice due to INCREDIBLY BAD BEHAVIOUR!!!!

We were open from 7-7:30pm but did enough damage for at least 2 weeks.
Now that's effecient!
I don't think this is a joke, I know its some serious crap but if I don't laugh about it, I'll just sit here and cry about the messed up state of youth, and that won't help anyway. So I'll joke, joking doesn't give me a headache, crying does.

So until a decent bootcamp moves into the area to beat the tar out of those little delinquents, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and praying for God to deliver us all from EVIL!!!!
Erica at 9:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home