Erica online

Monday, November 28

Mind Over Natter...

The dictionary describes "natter" as idle talk or chatter. That pretty much describes what my girls do constantly all day long!
Egad!

I don't mind talking--okay, I don't mind conversation--I'm a verbal person myself. The appeal of talking in my mind is the exchange of ideas! Not just talking to make noise or just using words because one is able to speak. This kind of blah-blah-blah-blah makes me lose my marbles one by one!

Here is an example of natter:
Rebecca: Okay class now say prolo.
Isabella: No! We say miko-nayzie.
Rebecca: Say prolo first and then we'll say your word.
Isabella: We should say my word first because I don't like prolo but I like other words.
Rebecca: How about lee-lo-kamene?
Isabella: No not that one either!
Rebecca: MOM!!! Bella won't say my words!

What Erica is thinking: You're both nuts!

They have this mindless, brain-numbing banter that goes on and on and becomes more non-sensical everyday.
Somedays I think I'm losing my mind!
I hope they grow out of it!!!
Erica at 12:13 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home