Erica online

Tuesday, December 20

Overheard...

Yesterday I was cleaning Rebecca's room while she and her sister played Polly Pockets in the hallway. I could hear their coversation, and was very impressed with Rebecca's sage advice to her younger sister.

Becca: There is some kids who are nice and some who are mean.
Bella: Becca, I don't like that. I won't want to go to school if kids are mean to me because that means that they are a bully.
Becca: Don't worry if that happens because whatever happens in school, just remember the teacher can handle it. You tell the teacher and she will deal with it.
Bella: I don't like those mean kids, and I'll just tell them they are bad and mean and then they will be my enemy.
Becca: Remember mommy said we have to love our enemy.
Bella: Oh yeah, but not mean boys right?
Becca: Right. Except the nice ones.

Well, they might not "get it" entirely yet but they are listening.
That's a good sign!
Erica at 9:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home