Erica online

Saturday, November 1

I was thinking about how proper and conservation Canadians are, and I am very
Canadian! The way I speak and write is so expressionless at times.
The words don't express the power of what I feel.
For instance, often in my writing when I think my kids did something soooooo
adorable, I'll write....they are sooooo cute.
But that doesn't get across how really cute they are.
So aside from using bold and italics, I need a new way to express myself.

As a result, I've started reading southern expressions on the internet, I'm thinking of bringing a few of them into my vernacular.

For instance, instead of saying soooooo cute, I'll say Isabella is cuter than toe sack full of puppies! (not sure what a toe sack is though)
And Rebecca is as pretty as two pigs in a poke! (isn't a poke like a sack? I wonder if its related to a toe-sack?)

My friends Jason and Yvonne are very happy with their new van so I could say, they are happy as a clam at high tide! (now that's happy!....I think, how happy is a clam?)

I could say I had a great time chew'n the fat with my friend Rhonda last week. We get on like a house on fire! (that could be dangerous)

I wouldn't say I'm stressed out anymore, everyone can say that!
I'lll say I'm wound up tighter than an eight day clock, that really shows just how stressed I am!

And to show how busy I've been lately (which caused the tight winding stress in the first place) I'd say I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt-kickin' contest. Or busier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! That's much more expressive.

Well, I should go now, I'm busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor! My new writing style is really helping me express myself, although most of the sayings I don't understand and have me a little confused, I'm still happier than a pig in slop!







Erica at 4:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home